The increase in building construction throughout Georgia is astounding. Business and residents are looking to enlarge current space or build more. Many building owners and residents have turned to SouthEastern Erectors to design and construct a high-quality steel building at a lower cost than traditional construction. A steel building is safe, secure, and will nicely fit your budget. For over 30 years, SouthEastern Erectors has satisfied hundreds of customers.
What components does a steel building consist of?
A question that we has been asked numerous times. Components of a steel building never change only the location, whether in Georgia or elsewhere. We scrutinize every component before installation for defects or signs of weakness. The exact components used in a steel building depend on the design and engineered plans, which will also dictate the quantity of each. Before construction begins, the plans must be approved and municipal building code compliance verified.
- Eave Struts – positioned at the eave of a building which supports roof and wall paneling
- Channels – this is a component formed from a steel sheet shaped as a block “C”. it is used singularly or back to back, while supporting vertical or horizontal loads.
- Girts – A horizontal structural component supporting vertical loads and may consist of several pieces.
- Canopies – overhanging roof structure with the farthest end usually unsupported
- Framed Openings – used to open portions of a wall that will be used as an access point. The name refers to the framing members and flashing surrounding said opening, which also include: Jambs, Header or Sill, Trim, and fasteners.
- Purlins – a horizontal component used for roof support. Shaped like a “Z”
- Mansard/Facade – decorative trim or panel system jutting out from the face of a wall panel.
- Partitions – used for inner wall system to section of portions of interior space, which must run the to the roof line.
- Wall Panels – comes insulated or non-insulated, load-bearing
- Metal Studs – component used for various framing systems, often in place of wood studs.
- Parapet Walls – same as mansards/facades except parapet walls do not have projection.
- Purlin Extension – overhanging or projecting roof structure with the far end usually unsupported. Typically used for aesthetic application or to cover driveway or walkway.
- Linear Panels –
- Roof Panels
- Weatherroof – metal standing seam roofing component attached to sub-framing using concealed, interlocking clips that provide for minimum penetrations.
- Angles – bent at a right angle used for joining and reinforcing two structural members
SouthEastern Erectors is well versed in every component available to insure your steel building is exactly like you want it and is safe, secure, and of unsurpassed quality. Call the foremost Georgia steel building contractor today to construct the steel building you deserve. 888-636-6193