When scanning the Florida landscape one cannot avoid observing the noticeable increase in the number of buildings under construction. The growth of the Florida economy from Jacksonville to Miami is simply astounding. The growth has put stress on commercial building owners and homeowners resulting in the need to expand and construct long overdue space. For some the choice has been easy, SouthEastern Erectors. We can design and construct a steel building, that is of high quality and lower in cost than traditional construction, that fits your needs. A steel building is safe, secure, reliable, and will be within budget. For over 30 years, SouthEastern Erectors has pleased hundreds of customers.
Components of a steel building.
When considering a steel building, it is normal to want to know what components make up a steel building. The one constant, whether your steel building is constructed in Florida or elsewhere, the components remain the same. We scrutinize every component before installation for defects or signs of weakness. The components for your specific building and the number of each depends on the design and engineered plans. Before construction starts, the plans must be approved and municipal building code compliance verified. The components include:
- Eave Struts – positioned at the eave of a building which supports roof and wall paneling
- Channels – this is a component formed from a steel sheet shaped as a block “C”. it is used singularly or back to back, while supporting vertical or horizontal loads.
- Girts – A horizontal structural component supporting vertical loads and may consist of several pieces.
- Purlins – a horizontal component used for roof support. Shaped like a “Z”
- Canopies – overhanging roof structure with the farthest end usually unsupported
- Framed Openings – used to open portions of a wall that will be used as an access point. The name refers to the framing members and flashing surrounding said opening, which also include: Jambs, Header or Sill, Trim, and fasteners.
- Mansard/Facade – decorative trim or panel system jutting out from the face of a wall panel.
- Metal Studs – component used for various framing systems, often in place of wood studs.
- Wall Panels – comes insulated or non-insulated, load-bearing
- Parapet Walls – same as mansards/facades except parapet walls do not have projection.
- Partitions – used for inner wall system to section of portions of interior space, which must run the to the roof line.
- Purlin Extension – overhanging or projecting roof structure with the far end usually unsupported. Typically used for aesthetic application or to cover driveway or walkway.
- Roof Panels
- Linear Panels
- Angles – bent at a right angle used for joining and reinforcing two structural members
- Weatherroof – metal standing seam roofing component attached to sub-framing using concealed, interlocking clips that provide for minimum penetrations.
SouthEastern Erectors is exceptionally knowledgeable regarding every component available to insure your steel building is exactly like you want it and is safe, secure, and of unparalleled quality. Call the premier Florida steel building contractor today to construct the steel building you deserve. 888-636-6193