Everything made has smaller parts for which it is comprised of. This is the same for steel buildings and its internal and external components. When you consider the practicality of a steel building and couple it with the increase in the number of buildings being constructed in and around Atlanta, GA, you will quickly realize that steel buildings to make sense. Business owners and homeowners are often in the need to expand or build more space. Many have employed SouthEastern Erectors to design and construct a steel building of the utmost quality with substantially lower cost than traditional construction. A steel building is safe, secure, and budget friendly. For over 30 years, SouthEastern Erectors has satisfied hundreds of customers.
A question that arisen during the construction process, “What components does a steel building consist of?” Whether your steel building is constructed in Atlanta or surrounding area, the components do not differ, but not all components are used in every project. We inspect every component before installation for defects and weaknesses. The components your building uses during construction and how many of each will depend upon the design and engineered plans. Before onset of construction, the plans must be approved for municipal building code compliance.
- Channels – this is a component formed from a steel sheet shaped as a block “C”. it is used singularly or back to back, while supporting vertical or horizontal loads.
- Eave Struts – positioned at the eave of a building which supports roof and wall paneling
- Canopies – overhanging roof structure with the farthest end usually unsupported
- Girts – A horizontal structural component supporting vertical loads and may consist of several pieces.
- Framed Openings – used to open portions of a wall that will be used as an access point. The name refers to the framing members and flashing surrounding said opening, which also include: Jambs, Header or Sill, Trim, and fasteners.
- Purlins – a horizontal component used for roof support. Shaped like a “Z”
- Mansard/Facade – decorative trim or panel system jutting out from the face of a wall panel.
- Wall Panels – comes insulated or non-insulated, load-bearing
- Metal Studs – component used for various framing systems, often in place of wood studs.
- Parapet Walls – same as mansards/facades except parapet walls do not have projection.
- Partitions – used for inner wall system to section of portions of interior space, which must run the to the roof line.
- Purlin Extension – overhanging or projecting roof structure with the far end usually unsupported. Typically used for aesthetic application or to cover driveway or walkway.
- Linear Panels –
- Roof Panels
- Weatherroof – metal standing seam roofing component attached to sub-framing using concealed, interlocking clips that provide for minimum penetrations.
- Angles – bent at a right angle used for joining and reinforcing two structural members
SouthEastern Erectors is well versed in every component available to insure your steel building is exactly like you want it and is safe, secure, and of unsurpassed quality. Call the foremost Atlanta steel building contractor today to construct the steel building you deserve. 888-636-6193