Looking across the Alabama landscape one cannot avoid observing the noticeable increase in the number of buildings being constructed. The growth of the Alabama economy from Montgomery to Mobile is simply amazing. The growth has put pressure on commercial building owners and homeowners to expand and construct their long overdue space. Many have turned to SouthEastern Erectors to design and construct a steel building, that is of high quality and lower in cost than traditional construction. A steel building is safe, secure, dependable, and will easily fit within your budget. For over 30 years, SouthEastern Erectors has satisfied hundreds of customers.
Components of a steel building.
When considering a steel building, it is natural to want to know what the components are. The one constant, whether your steel building is constructed in Alabama or somewhere else, the components do not change. We examine every component before installation for any defects or signs of weakness. The components your specific building uses and how many of each depends on the design and engineered plans. Before construction begins, the plans must be approved and municipal building code compliance verified. Some of the components include:
- Channels – this is a component formed from a steel sheet shaped as a block “C”. it is used singularly or back to back, while supporting vertical or horizontal loads.
- Eave Struts – positioned at the eave of a building which supports roof and wall paneling
- Girts – A horizontal structural component supporting vertical loads and may consist of several pieces.
- Canopies – overhanging roof structure with the farthest end usually unsupported
- Framed Openings – used to open portions of a wall that will be used as an access point. The name refers to the framing members and flashing surrounding said opening, which also include: Jambs, Header or Sill, Trim, and fasteners.
- Purlins – a horizontal component used for roof support. Shaped like a “Z”
- Mansard/Facade – decorative trim or panel system jutting out from the face of a wall panel.
- Metal Studs – component used for various framing systems, often in place of wood studs.
- Wall Panels – comes insulated or non-insulated, load-bearing
- Parapet Walls – same as mansards/facades except parapet walls do not have projection.
- Partitions – used for inner wall system to section of portions of interior space, which must run the to the roof line.
- Purlin Extension – overhanging or projecting roof structure with the far end usually unsupported. Typically used for aesthetic application or to cover driveway or walkway.
- Linear Panels –
- Roof Panels
- Angles – bent at a right angle used for joining and reinforcing two structural members
- Weatherroof – metal standing seam roofing component attached to sub-framing using concealed, interlocking clips that provide for minimum penetrations.
SouthEastern Erectors is extremely knowledgeable regarding every component available to insure your steel building is exactly like you want it and is safe, secure, and of unmatched quality. Call the premier Alabama steel building contractor today to construct the steel building you deserve. 888-636-6193